Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 28th January 2009, 15:49

I was having the same troubles when i attempt to install ISPConfig v2.2.29 on CentOS 5.2.
I'd everything you said in this thread, but not even with this steps i finished a successful install. So i debugged the bash script setup2 and i found something that may cause the problem.
Apparently the error appears when trying to execute a perl script (concretely spamassassin script). When the error occurs the script deletes the installation folder and then all the rest fails (moves, copies, installs, etc) and that's why all the error lines.
Today i learn a new lesson (well, an old lesson that i sometimes forgot), YOU MUST READ ALL TO THE END!, yeah, in the last page of the tutorial "how to install a perfect Centos Server" (http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-centos-5.2-p7) says that you must install perl-HTML-Parser perl-DBI perl-Net-DNS perl-Digest-SHA1 for ISPConfig, you do that with:
#yum install perl-HTML-Parser perl-DBI perl-Net-DNS perl-Digest-SHA1
I suppose that debian (an by transitive ubuntu) have similar packages.

After that i didn't have other problems, now ISPConfig is installed and running. Remember to remove the old instalation (if you did one):
rm -R /home/admispconfig
rm -R /root/ispconfig
and remove the database created by the old instalation:
mysql> drop database db_ispconfig
"mysql>" means that it is executed with the mysql client. db_ispconfig is the default name of the database created by ISPConfig, if you have other name, well, replace it in the command.

I hope i can help somebody with this.

Last edited by demasiadovivo; 28th January 2009 at 19:29. Reason: i was wrong
Sponsored Links
Old 15th March 2009, 12:26

solution to openssl problems is fairly easy: use /root/ispconfig/openssl/bin/openssl instead of /usr/bin/openssl
Old 29th June 2009, 22:33

Thumbs up Worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by demasiadovivo View Post
(http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-centos-5.2-p7) says that you must install perl-HTML-Parser perl-DBI perl-Net-DNS perl-Digest-SHA1 for ISPConfig, you do that with:
#yum install perl-HTML-Parser perl-DBI perl-Net-DNS perl-Digest-SHA1
you, sir , have saved my work! Thanks! Stay alive!