Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24th June 2009, 14:57

Default ISPConfig 3: Adding Second Server

I have a question to which the answer I am sure is simple: I have had a server up and running for about 4 months now running ISPC3, primary functions are Web Serving and Email.

This server is named mx1.myisp.com. Using a slightly tailored version of Falko's Ubuntu 8.10 / ISPC3 setup, I have configured a second server, mx2.myisp.com

I have done everything but install ISPConfig.

What I am hoping is to devise some sort of replication / failover setup.

But I have hit a roadblock - it's a very simple problem. I know what the problem is, I just would like verification on how to correct it.

I need to setup up the DB on MX1 to allow MX2 to access it, so that I can add the second server.

From an SSH terminal on MX2:

Code:
mysql -h mx1.myisp.com -u root -p
The output is as follows:

Code:
ERROR 1130 (00000): Host 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server
From an SSH terminal on MX1:
Code:
netstat -tap | grep mysql
The output is as follows:
Code:
tcp        0      0 *:mysql                 *:*                     LISTEN      4275/mysqld
Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I searched the site, google and the ubuntu forums, wasn't able to find exactly what I was looking for.
Sponsored Links