Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19th March 2006, 00:00

Default ISPConfig/Postfix - unable to send mail via Outlook

After about a week of changing things and waiting for DNS caches to age, I am able to view my web pages and receive email using Outlook. I am unable to send email to my Yahoo address, however. I get this error message:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'commdude450@yahoo.com'. Subject 'Re: test message', Account: 'netsrvr1.bitterbrushnet.com', Server: 'netsrvr1.bitterbrushnet.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 <commdude450@yahoo.com>: Relay access denied', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Where did I screw up?
Sponsored Links