Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Server Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16th June 2009, 21:07

Default MailServer + SPAM Filter

Hi All,

I recently setup a MailScanner + Postfix system according to a HOWTO on this website.

I changed my domains MX records to the new SPAM Filter, this is working great, however, some email still tens to bypass the filter and go directly to the mail server, which now has no spam filtering on it at all, because of the dedicated spam filter.

It appears that the only spam which is coming through into my email is because of this 'problem'. I can check the email headers and find that there are no headers from my spam filter.

Does anybody know if it is possible to block a port or something, so that email coming directly into the box, and not from the spam filter (which is on the same network), gets blocked?

I removed the old MX record completely, and mail still comes in directly, so I do not know what the deal is.

Can anybody help?

Thank you,
ChildOTK
Sponsored Links