Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16th June 2009, 08:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko View Post
Make a backup of /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow, /etc/group, Vhosts_ispconfig.conf, /etc/postfix/local-host-names, /etc/postfix/virtusertable, named.conf, all the pri.* zone files, /etc/proftpd*.conf. Also create sql dumps of your MySQL databases (either with phpMyAdmin or on the command line: http://www.howtoforge.com/faq/6_3_en.html ) and make a backup of /home/www on the old server:

Code:
cd /home
tar -pczf www.tar.gz www/
Stop Postfix:
Code:
/etc/init.d/postfix stop
If you use mbox, also make a backup of /var/spool/mail:
Code:
cd /var/spool
tar -pczf mail.tar.gz mail/
If you use Maildir, the mailboxes are included in www.tar.gz.

On the new server:
First install ISPConfig.
Create the databases from the sql dumps (either with phpMyAdmin or like this: http://www.howtoforge.com/faq/6_4_en.html ). Also replace the ISPConfig database with the old one.
Regarding the mysql database: have a look at the users and db table and add the user /db lines that don't exist on the new server but on the old server.
Copy local-host-names and virtusertable to /etc/postfix; open local-host-names and replace the old hostname with the new one. Run
Code:
postmap /etc/postfix/virtusertable
and restart Postfix.
Replace Vhosts_ispconfig.conf with the one from the old server; then open it and replace the old IP address with the new one. Transfer www.tar.gz to /home and unpack it:
Code:
cd /home
mv www www_orig
tar xvfz www.tar.gz
If you had to make a backup of /var/spool/mail, transfer mail.tar.gz to /tmp and do this:
Code:
cd /tmp
tar xvfz mail.tar.gz
cd mail
cp -pf web* /var/spool/mail/
Have a look at your backups of /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow and /etc/group and add the lines that don't exist in these files on the new server to /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow and /etc/group on the new server.
Transfer named.conf and all pri.* files to the new server. Also all proftp*.conf files; open them and replace the old IP address with the new one - also do this with the file names of the proftpd*.conf files. Restart ProFTPd:
Code:
/etc/init.d/proftpd restart
Restart Apache:
Code:
/etc/init.d/apache restart
Log in to ISPConfig and go to Management -> Server -> Settings and change the IP address(es) there. Then go to the DNS Manager and also changes the IP addresses in the DNS records, if necessary.

On the old server, create a Postfix transport now so that all emails are forwarded to the ne server (for the time until the MX records of your domains have switched to the new server):
Code:
echo "*  smtp:[<IP address of new server>]" >> /etc/postfix/transport
postmap /etc/postfix/transport
/etc/init.d/postfix restart
On the new server, open /etc/postfix/local-host-names and add the hostname of the old server at the bottom so that the new server accepts the forwarded mails.

Lots of steps to do... (if you want, you can have Till and me do that, but it's not free. Have a look here: http://www.ispconfig.org/support.htm ).
What if you dont have a Vhosts_ispconfig.conf? I have /etc/apache2/sites-available/ispconfig.conf and /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-ispconfig.conf
Also, I dont know what I named the MySQL DB (not exactly atleast). Where would I find this in the config files? I did a updatebd and locate but nothing is coming up.

Thanks!

ISPConfig 3
openSUSE Linux 11.3

Last edited by reason8; 16th June 2009 at 09:11.
Sponsored Links