Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11th June 2009, 17:54

Default ISPConfig 3 + Ubuntu 9.04 Configuration

Hello everyone,
First of all, i'm new to linux ubuntu and i'm seeking some help from all you experts...

I've got couple domains that I want to host on my own server at home, I got cable internet with static IP address.

I followed all the instructions from howtoforge on how the setup the perfect ubuntu 9.04 with ISPConfig 3, the installation went fine and everything works.. now my question is.. I'm not really familiar setting up DNSs and it always confuse me a little all those zones and etc...

What do I need to do, to get the my domain pointing to my server, do I need to create the custom DNS thing with my domaing hosting? how about on ISP config, what kind of DNS configuration I need to enter on ISPCOnfig?? What about emails? Do I need to setup a MX address? how do I do that?

This case it will be a shared hosting environment, because I only have one IP adress, and I'll have 3 website hosting.

Thank you very much

Last edited by danielborene; 11th June 2009 at 18:12.
Sponsored Links