Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2nd June 2009, 09:45

Question Ubuntu 8.04 updates fails & not able to update to 8.10 from CD

I have Ubuntu 8.04 Desktop edition. When I try to update from System > Administration > Updated Manager it takes very long time and it stops without any action even if it continues with the update it is very slow with my high speed internet connection. There is no issue with any other downloads, it is only with the OS update. Because of this is I am not able to update to 8.10. Few months ago I got the Ubuntu 8.10 Desktop Edition CD so I could update. I restarted my dual boot notebook(other OS is Vista) with this CD in the drive. I did not get any option to upgrade. I tried the command Alt+f2 gksu "sh /cdrom/cdromupgrade" from the 8.04 desktop with the 8.10 CD in the drive and it did nothing.
So, please tell me if I am doing anything wrong. Also help me to update to 8.10 using its CD.

If the update using Internet can be resolved, then I can try that too. I have Firestarter, but it is disabled.
Sponsored Links