Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23rd May 2009, 05:27

Exclamation php -q update.php w/ 3.0.1.2 into 3.0.1.1

Apparently I learned a hard lesson today. Don't update ISPConfig 3* on the day of release.

Ispconfig 2 was stable and 3 might take another few months to be production ready (in my opinion). I wanted to push 3 as it utilized database users instead of system users. Years ago I had written some preliminary db design for virtual email users from within exim. Since then, I just haven't had the time to develop, so ISPConfig has been a help (version 2). Version 3.0.1.1 is beta quality (in my opinion), and should be labeled beta.

Today, I get home from work and want to update 3.0.1.1 on a test server to 3.0.1.2..
Downloaded the tgz to /tmp and extract.
cd into the install folder of the ispconfig root and run php -q update.php
The install script complains about some dbispconfig.firewall_custom table not existing. Reconfigure services? [yes/no].. Either option I run wastes my database and cannot login.. If I leave the browser session open before the upgrade script is run, and refresh an email domain list after updating, the data is gone. Running an sql client and browsing the data verifies the data being gone..

So.. I don't see anyone else reporting any problems, so I'm pioneering this thread and see what comes about..

by the way, I am running Debian Lenny and followed the howto for perfect server etc for ver. 3.0.1.1

thanks

Last edited by OnePercentile; 23rd May 2009 at 05:29. Reason: clarifying a point
Sponsored Links