Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14th March 2006, 01:25

Cool Forum suggestions

This site is an excellent source of information. I spent many hours browsing/searching before registering as a user. I was able to solve quite a few problems without having to ask any questions. It can be quite time-consuming, and I think there are a few things that could be done to save time/effort for both users and moderators.

1- Establish some conventions for threads. When someone starts a thread with HELP!!!, it doesn't say much. Topics should be specific, starting with the program, package or whatever, and then going into greater detail. Maybe more, well-defined forums would help as well. If it is easier to find answers to questions, the same questions would not be asked over and over.

2- Some really basic HowTos. For example, I mentioned in another post the idea of showing some sample DNS zone files. This would eliminate many repetitious questions as well.

I am not complaining. I am grateful to have this resource made available. At some point I would like to be able to help answer questions. Until then, I'll keep reading...

Thanks!
Sponsored Links