Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 16th May 2009, 15:48

Default The green arrow disappears from the sys tray & no Ubuntu taskbar appears

Hello,

Having followed the tutorial at http://www.howtoforge.com/running-ub...ortable-ubuntu I wanted to instal portable ubuntu to the Desktop of my Win XP.

However, when I opened the file run_portable_ubuntu.bat as instructed, the green arrow appeared at the sys tray for an instant and then it disappeared very quickly. What's more, I can't see the Ubuntu taskbar which should have appeared at the top of my desktop.

After I ran the file for the second time, I clicked the green arrow before it desappeared again, but it didn't help.

As for firewalls, I use Spybot, whose resident protection mode I have disabled before the instalation. I downloaded the instalation file from sourceforge.net to D:\.

Thank you very much for your help.

Last edited by jaro; 16th May 2009 at 15:49. Reason: The name at the end was redundant
Sponsored Links