Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10th May 2009, 12:55

Send a message via AIM to staticanime Send a message via MSN to staticanime Send a message via Yahoo to staticanime Send a message via Skype™ to staticanime
Default Configure Squid reverse proxy for apache

Hi, I'm trying to set up SQUID on port 80 of my server, so that it will be a reverse proxy for apache running on the same server, but theres too many config options, and guides, and I'm just confused now, so can anyone help me?

I have 4 sites at the moment that I want to cache:
Code:
www.staticanime.net
base.staticanime.net
flux.staticanime.net
proxy.staticanime.net
I also have two reverse proxyies in Apache, admin.staticanime.net & webmail.staticanime, pointing to port 10000 (Webmin) & port 20000 (Usermin) respectavily.

So, can anyone tell me what I should change in the squid config? I want SQUID to catch & cache all requests to Apache for the sites above, and also cache SSL requests for proxy.staticanime.net (runs on both port 80 & 443), admin.staticanime.net (443) & webmail.staticanime.net (443).

I can move the ports for Apache to 81 and maybe 444 or something too if that works?
Sponsored Links