Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Feature Requests

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15th April 2009, 12:07
HowtoForge Supporter

Lightbulb Posibility to specify IP address for FTP account access

Hi Falko and Till

During last weeks I detected increasing number of infected webs from stolen FTP account. This account was stolen from saved passwords in Total Commander on clients computers thru trojan virus.

I know that best solution is installing linux on clients computers but untill they will do it ... the good solution is specify one or more IP's allowed to access account. Proftpd has very good system to specify which user can access to his account including possibility to specify IP address. Informations about this system is avalable on http://castaglia.org/proftpd/doc/con...WTO-Limit.html

Thanks
SupuS

Last edited by SupuS; 15th April 2009 at 12:17.
Sponsored Links