Old 9th April 2009, 10:16

Default Email forwarding problems

Hi!
I have problems with email forwarding on ISPConfig machine.

I use ISPConfig Version: 2.2.31 on debian 5.0, but email forwarding is not workign at all!

Email account are working, but anyway I don't want to use them. What I would like to do is: forward specified emails to other emails, with no spam filtering and no storing on local machine.
Is that possible with ispconfig? Anyway I don't know why email forwaring configured with ISPConfig is not working for me.

What I have figued out is that DST email are located in fiel: /var/www/web11/user/web11_aaa/.forward

My opinion and few more questions:
1. When I create email account, I dislike, that it creates at least one alias example: email@host.domain.com and emai@domain.com
I don't understand why would someone want to have email like: email@host.domain.com.
2. It would be great if it would be possible to create email forwarding with no email account.
3. I looked alitle bit at file /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/classes/ispconfig_procmail.lib.php and I have noticed the possible way of using file: /root/ispconfig/isp/conf/customized_templates/forward.master
If I understend it right I am able to make my own forwarding mechanism and it will not be deleted when upgrading to newer ispconfig version
although it will be ispconfig 3 some day?

Thank you for the answers.

Last edited by andrejchy; 9th April 2009 at 10:25.
Sponsored Links
Old 10th April 2009, 10:31
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,255 Times in 4,121 Posts

Quote:
1. When I create email account, I dislike, that it creates at least one alias example: email@host.domain.com and emai@domain.com
I don't understand why would someone want to have email like: email@host.domain.com.
2. It would be great if it would be possible to create email forwarding with no email account.
3. I looked alitle bit at file /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/classes/ispconfig_procmail.lib.php and I have noticed the possible way of using file: /root/ispconfig/isp/conf/customized_templates/forward.master
If you want this then use ispconfig 3.
Quote:
If I understend it right I am able to make my own forwarding mechanism and it will not be deleted when upgrading to newer ispconfig version
although it will be ispconfig 3 some day?
You can not update from ispconfig 2 to ispconfig 3.
Old 10th April 2009, 10:37

The reason I cannot upgrade from ISPconfig 2 to 3 is why I am still using ISPConfig 2. I guess that ISPCONFIG need clean linux install. I cannot affort that! I hope upgrade will be out soon and that it wil be working
Old 10th April 2009, 10:46
Super Moderator

There will be nevee a direct upgrade from 2 to 3 as I told you above.
Old 10th April 2009, 10:53

Is it possbile to uninstall ISPConfig 2 and than install ISPConfig3? Should this be working?
Old 10th April 2009, 10:56
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrejchy View Post
Is it possbile to uninstall ISPConfig 2 and than install ISPConfig3? Should this be working?
No, this wont work. there is no upgrade because ispconfig 2 and 3 use totally different system architectures and different software. This means that you will have to format the server harddisk and then do a complete reinstall as described in the ispconfig 3 setup guides.

ISPConfig 3 is not intended and was not made as a update for ispconfig 2. ISPConfig 3 is a new multi server control panel for virtual users etc. whil ispconfig 2 is a single server control panel for system users. Both versions will be developed and updated independantly in future.