Old 7th March 2006, 13:21

Default Updating of the SUSE 9.3 system

Hello everybody,
I've read this forum a bit and noticed that some people using SUSE run into trouble by using apt-get to update their system instead of the update function in YAST.
Just wanted to know what is the best way (the one with less current ) to update a SUSE 9.3 system without troubles. I followed "The Perfect Setup ... Suse 9.3".
On Monday the Suse Watcher icon in the task bar was red and noticed me about lots of security updates available. Will an update with apt-get offer more updates/same updates.
Obviously people are not allway around the server so what would be the perfect way of updating the system?

Many Thanks for the Knowledge.
Sponsored Links
Old 7th March 2006, 13:45
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,740 Times in 2,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdinator
On Monday the Suse Watcher icon in the task bar was red and noticed me about lots of security updates available. Will an update with apt-get offer more updates/same updates.
Both yast and apt-get will offer you the same updates.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: