Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th April 2009, 11:11

Default Notebook vs. client-server infrastructure

Hi,

consider the following scenario: A user can login to a machine connected to a company network. The client machine uses LDAP for authentication which is provided by a server machine. The server also hosts the users home directories. The home directories are mounted on the client via NFS.

Now I want to use a notebook as a client machine. When I'm out of office and have no network connection I also want to login to the notebook and want to have access to my home directory. When I go back to office and connect to the company network the client local home directories should be synchronized with the ones stored on the server.

Also passwords, groups, etc. must be synchronous on the local machine.

The scenario described is common for windows machines but I'd like to use (K)Ubuntu. How can I accomplish that?
Sponsored Links