Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5th April 2009, 08:56

Default Certificate problems with outlook

Hi,

I followed the Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL (CentOS 5.1) howto and it worked.
Now I am having this nagging certificate problem with outlook. the first time i use outlook to recieve mail i keep getting this Internet Security Warning.

"The Server you are connected to is using a security certificate that cannot be verified. The target principal name is incorrect"
when i click on view certificate it has the following credentials
Issued to:localhost
Issued by:localhost
Issuer:
E = postmaster@example.com
CN = localhost
OU = Automatically-generated POP3 SSL key
O = Courier Mail Server
L = New York
S = NY
C = US

Subject:
E = postmaster@example.com
CN = localhost
OU = Automatically-generated POP3 SSL key
O = Courier Mail Server
L = New York
S = NY
C = US

When i click yes to the option "Do you want to continue using this server ?" everything is alright, i can send and receive mail from my server. but this warning will come back every time i restart outlook. How do i get rid of this error?
Sponsored Links