Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2nd April 2009, 10:52

Default Perfect XEN Setup on Debian Lenny - Live Migration Issues

Hi,

As someone who tried to set a virtual servers IP address on KVM, I loved the tutorial on xen working very well on Debian Lenny.

One thing though, I've setup two servers using the guide and are now having issues with live migration.

So the command is:

xm migrate --live domU.com dom0-2.com

dom0-1 seems to successfully complete the transfer of domU to domU2.

However, on dom0-2 the domain stays in the p (paused) state for about 5 minutes and when it finally goes onto b or r and you connect to the console, you just see a stream of kernel panic about tasks being blocked for a certain number of seconds.

(have attached small kernel output selection)

Does anyone know if this is 'just me'? Or did anyone else have these issues about Xen and Debian Lenny not working out the box for live migration.

Thanks,

Alex
Attached Files
File Type: txt kernel panic.txt (2.6 KB, 307 views)
Sponsored Links