Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 23rd March 2009, 15:26
wr19026 wr19026 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 172
Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by radim_h View Post
/var/www/webXX/web/webdav
that should be enough, the point is isolate non-admin users from web content...

Where could i change it in ISPC ?
The problem as I see it is that the file permissions by default are set to www-data (user and group). I'd have to do some reading up on WebDAV to see if that is expected behavior but I'd expect it not to bee due to security concerns.

Right now any user I give WebDAV can make changes to the website and I'd seriously want to limit that.

Having said that I absolutely like the feature and expect to use it extensively - just not in it's current form
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #22  
Old 23rd March 2009, 15:48
radim_h radim_h is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Prague, Czech
Posts: 420
Thanks: 33
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to radim_h
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wr19026 View Post
The problem as I see it is that the file permissions by default are set to www-data (user and group). I'd have to do some reading up on WebDAV to see if that is expected behavior but I'd expect it not to bee due to security concerns.

Right now any user I give WebDAV can make changes to the website and I'd seriously want to limit that.

Having said that I absolutely like the feature and expect to use it extensively - just not in it's current form
Totally agree..
I've been waiting for webDAV support since i'm using ISPC and i'm happy for it , but it is not much usable now...
it needs to be isolated dir as /var/www/webXX/web/wedav
or per user /var/www/webXX/user/USERNAME directory
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 23rd March 2009, 21:17
Hans Hans is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Montfoort, The Netherlands
Posts: 2,259
Thanks: 216
Thanked 648 Times in 294 Posts
Exclamation Possible bug in ISPConfig 2.2.30 | double co-domains are possible

Hi Till & Falko,
It might be possible that there is a bug in ISPConfig 2.2.30, because it is possible to add more then one co-domain with the same name (domain.tld).

For example: for the domainname www.domain.tld, the co-domain domain.tld (without www) has been created correctly, but i can add that co-domain twice or even more then that. Although, the co-domains have the same name, they can be deleted individually. In stead of this behaviour, there should be an error message which says that the domain name already exists.

Can you have a look at this?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 24th March 2009, 18:15
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,745 Times in 2,578 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by radim_h View Post
/var/www/webXX/web/webdav
that should be enough, the point is isolate non-admin users from web content...

Where could i change it in ISPC ?
Why don't you enable WebDAV just for the admin user?
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 24th March 2009, 18:17
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,745 Times in 2,578 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Hi Till & Falko,
It might be possible that there is a bug in ISPConfig 2.2.30, because it is possible to add more then one co-domain with the same name (domain.tld).

For example: for the domainname www.domain.tld, the co-domain domain.tld (without www) has been created correctly, but i can add that co-domain twice or even more then that. Although, the co-domains have the same name, they can be deleted individually. In stead of this behaviour, there should be an error message which says that the domain name already exists.

Can you have a look at this?

Thanks in advance!
I've added this to the bugtracker. (But I didn't change anything in that part of the code since 2.2.29... )
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 24th March 2009, 23:40
wr19026 wr19026 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 172
Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko View Post
Why don't you enable WebDAV just for the admin user?
Because this is functionality that is much easier to use than FTP and can be used to enable users to collaborate on docs etc.

I know that there is an extension to OpenOffice that enables you so save directly to one of the cloud solutions out on the market.

Bottom line is that in order to use the full potential of WebDAV functionality in my opinion you'd have to make it usable for multiple users with various levels of access to the system.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 28th March 2009, 23:27
lano lano is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 94
Thanks: 10
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wr19026 View Post
Because this is functionality that is much easier to use than FTP and can be used to enable users to collaborate on docs etc.

I know that there is an extension to OpenOffice that enables you so save directly to one of the cloud solutions out on the market.

Bottom line is that in order to use the full potential of WebDAV functionality in my opinion you'd have to make it usable for multiple users with various levels of access to the system.
Maybe this will help you

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/sho...225#post178225
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 30th March 2009, 16:52
lubos lubos is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Belfast, UK - NI
Posts: 59
Thanks: 29
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Default

As usual no problem with update on 2 servers, thanks boys.
__________________
Safe computer? Only when unplugged.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 30th March 2009, 16:57
nandelbosc nandelbosc is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Hi,

the same problem with redirects of madmucho in ubuntu 8.10 and upgrade from 2.2.27 to 2.2.30

I changed the line what falko said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko View Post
Found the problem. Can you add this line in line 1424 of /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/config.lib.php:

Code:
if($domain_weiterleitung_url_parts['port']) $domain["domain_weiterleitung"] .= ':'.$domain_weiterleitung_url_parts['port'];
(right after
Code:
$domain["domain_weiterleitung"] .= strtolower($domain_weiterleitung_url_parts['host']);
and before

Code:
if($domain_weiterleitung_url_parts['path']) $domain["domain_weiterleitung"] .= $domain_weiterleitung_url_parts['path'];
)?
... but now, I need to reinstall (run ./setup) another time to take effect? My all redirects will be like before?

Last edited by nandelbosc; 30th March 2009 at 17:09.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 30th March 2009, 17:08
nandelbosc nandelbosc is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
 
Default

Quote:
My all redirects will be like before?
No problem about that, I changed all my redirects by hand
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ISPConfig 2.2.27 released till General 20 28th November 2008 13:45
ISPConfig 3.0.0.6 Beta released till General 38 21st September 2008 20:15
phpMyAdmin 2.11.8 package released for ISPConfig 2 Hans General 2 29th July 2008 08:23
ISPConfig 2.3.3-dev released till General 10 12th March 2008 22:08
ISPConfig 2.2.20 released till General 31 13th February 2008 17:17


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.