Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15th March 2009, 20:37

Default FTP users have access to others folders

So I've being using ISPConfig for about two years I think. Version is 2.2.18 running on ubuntu. I installed this and played around with it at the time I installed it and since then I've never touched it. Its been running fine sitting in the background doing its job quietly.

However recently a new user complained that he could not get ftp access so I had a look and strangely enough found out that yes he can get to ftp but not just his site he can actually browse the whole server with his user account. So I've tested other users on the system and it seems like it is the same for every user I have on the system.

When the user logs on first time he goes to his respective web , but if he goes up levels then he can see other folders as well. I'm not even sure where to start looking as its been such a long time that I installed this sytem.

Can some one help at all , or point me to the right direction.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links