Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6th March 2009, 19:35

Default Empty Messages with SpamSNAKE

Hi,

I went through the entire install process except for the PDF and image scanning parts of it. The entire system worked wonderfully for about three months, then last week some users started getting blank messages with the MailScanner signature and nothing else.

Since I administer this box, and no one else has access, I know that nothing was modified by any carbon based life forms. Nothing was upgraded, no config changed - nothing.

After some digging around, I changed one settings in /etc/MailScanner.conf from Lock Type = posix to Lock Type = flock - no luck.

At the moment, the Scan Messages = No so that incoming mail is at least delivered.

Oh, it is running on Ubuntu 8.0.4

Any ideas?

Thanks, Jay

Last edited by jshampur; 6th March 2009 at 19:57.
Sponsored Links