Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Developers' Forum

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 2nd January 2009, 15:18

Hi,

I understand the problem. But on other hand calling everything webserver related as "apache" is not good idea :-).
May you can push only changes that are not feature related as tables and folders names? That won't cause any problem now and will solve problems in future. Anyways no body was expecting RC to be 100% compatible to final. right?
Sponsored Links
Old 2nd January 2009, 20:59
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,652 Times in 4,461 Posts

With RC1 we had a complete feature freeze, so nothing that is not a bugfix gets into SVN anymore until we release the final version. Especially renaming tables is not possible during feature freeze. To rename the tables we would have to expand the installer first and add conditional code that repairs the installations after the table changes. There are already several thousand installations of ISPConfig 3 out there and I know several which are production systems, so we can not even break the compatibility between RC1 and Final.

I really like your plugin but it can be integrated first after the final release.
Old 2nd January 2009, 21:19

No problem, I am not on hurry with the patch.
I was trying to ease the pane of core modification.

Later, after I'll finish testing and fixing possible nginx runtime problems, I'll work on installation part.

Currently I've found some DB related issues and reported them in bug tracker, take a look at them please. They can become real pain for un-experienced user.

Now, I still want to add auto-DNS feature.
Seems it's not too difficult, but I need your help. I've created some DNS templates for Google Apps, normal templates already exists.
Currently I wonder how to initiate creation of records based on DNS-template and data provided for site that is going to be created. Missing data may be built using default prefixes as ns1, ns1 and so on.
What do you think?

BTW: I found framework used for ISPConfig as very nice :-).
Old 30th January 2009, 09:23

Hi all,

I've prepared next version of patch.
Now it supports:
1) Seamless subdomain (without redirects).
2) Default config files and read-me inside (requires manual modification)
3) Optional support for user-friendly folders names. Renaming of sites and users supported. All paths will be updated automatically.
4) Added default DNS template for GoolgeApps.
5) Management of php-fpm pools, now PHP environments are separated (suFPM)
6) Synced with trunk-30/1/2009

Good luck.
Attached Files
File Type: gz ispconfig-trunk.nginx-0.1.9.6.patch.gz (15.1 KB, 280 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eugenesan For This Useful Post:
falko (31st January 2009), till (30th January 2009)
Old 31st January 2009, 18:47

Hi,

Some bugfixes and new features as webserver directives (regex locations) and php childs control.
Bug fixes and probably something I've forgot.
Attached Files
File Type: gz ispconfig-trunk.nginx-0.2.0.4.patch.gz (19.0 KB, 348 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eugenesan For This Useful Post:
falko (1st February 2009), kzy (16th December 2010)
Old 9th February 2009, 22:21

Thanks for this! I'm highly interested in this patch, and was wondering if there is a howto you'd recommend for the nginx install. Most of the howtos I'm seeing are using pre-built packages which are out of date or aren't using the far more efficient php-fpm patch for the php install. I hope to test your patch tonight, and will be keeping an eye out for new versions!
Old 10th February 2009, 01:08

Hi,

I was planning to prepare some documentation, but not sure when I'll be find time for that :-(

I am testing updated version of ISPConfig patch and will try to release some additional information regarding building/installing/configuring nginx/php-fpm with ISPConfig, soon.

At the moment there is very simple readme inside the patch, I've posted earlier.
I can't post patches here, since forum has 100k limit. I'll check my options and post back.

Contact me for clarifications.
Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to eugenesan For This Useful Post:
KenMasters (10th February 2009)
Old 3rd March 2009, 01:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenesan View Post
Hi,

I was planning to prepare some documentation, but not sure when I'll be find time for that :-(

I am testing updated version of ISPConfig patch and will try to release some additional information regarding building/installing/configuring nginx/php-fpm with ISPConfig, soon.

At the moment there is very simple readme inside the patch, I've posted earlier.
I can't post patches here, since forum has 100k limit. I'll check my options and post back.

Contact me for clarifications.
Good luck
Hello
I'm happy that ISPconfig3 start support for nginx. But...
I think that nginx(or other like that reverse proxy server: lighttp) can used in 3 ways:
  1. nginx(or other like that) revers proxy all query to apache server for better performance(less memory use than apache process or other).
  2. nginx (or other like that) for revers proxy query to apache server for websites, and one directive for ispconfig3 - only nginx+php-cgi
  3. integrate nginx (or other like that) to ispconfig3, like suphp, php-cgi,modphp that can users chose apache or other server.
Old 3rd March 2009, 10:56

Hi,

First I want to state that nginx is not less functional then apache in most cases.
My target was VPS oriented hosting server with control panel.
My intention was eliminate mail server usage (thanks to gmail) and totally replace apache+libphp with nginx+php-fcgi-fpm and not to add nginx as reverse proxy.

Currently I am successfully running desired configuration and I am more then happy :-)
Footprint, security and speed are far beyond my expectations.
I was able to add to ISPConfig, support for nginx, with as much features as majority of websites would require.

I hope to find some time and cooperation from ISPConfig maintainers, to share my achievements with others, soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to eugenesan For This Useful Post:
KenMasters (16th March 2009)
Old 4th March 2009, 00:26

Quote:
Hi,
First I want to state that nginx is not less functional then apache in most cases.
I know, but many people's use it's features by default, and they need them.
Thats why I want implement to ISPconfig feature: chose your http-server. But I think that apache must bind on 127.0.0.1, and gateway to apache must be revers proxy application - for many reasons, but I don't think that I has right's to chose htp-server thats why ISPconfig3 must support nginx in many way's.
When I can see in svn your changes I can try write some patches.
Quote:
My target was VPS oriented hosting server with control panel.
My intention was eliminate mail server usage (thanks to gmail) and totally replace apache+libphp with nginx+php-fcgi-fpm and not to add nginx as reverse proxy.
My target too.