Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17th October 2008, 05:11

Default Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier, MySQL And SquirrelMail

Re: Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier, MySQL And SquirrelMail (Ubuntu 8.04 LTS)

First Off, I wish to thank falko for some wonderful How-To's, they have really saved me a lot of time.

I recently built a mail server and it is working well (the Virtual mail server for Ubuntu 7.10), but there is no user password change facility (without me coding one). When I recently needed to re-build another mail server, I used this how-to and included squirrelmail for the PW change ability. My issue is that SM gives me a blank page after I login. Using IMAP I see the welcome email, so there should be something to display.

In looking around the SM site, and they have asserted that this is typically a problem with the PHP package. I investigated my setup, and noticed that php -v gives me "PHP 5.2.4-2ubuntu5.3 with Suhosin-Patch 0.9.6.2 (cli) (built: Jul 23 2008 06:44:49)", and the How-To was released on 2008-05-20. I suspect there might be a problem with the updated PHP package, but being only a part time admin, my knowledge is sorely lacking.

Can anyone with a working setup tell me the versions they are running from the how-to? I will try syncing my packages with a working install first, making sure there are not any package version issues before I get any deeper into troubleshooting this issue.

Thanks in advance...
Sponsored Links