Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Suggest HOWTO

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 23rd February 2006, 00:03

Question Multiplexing 2 or more internet connections into 1!

I was wondering if anyone has or could explain how to setup an old pc as a router/proxy server, but combine 2 or more internet connections to give double (or more) the bandwidth... I know it's possible, but there's no tutorials anywhere that explain how to do it. My ultimate goal is to setup a web server that can perform at T1 speeds without having to pay for a T1 line... (I currently can get 2 lines for $26 (Canadian) each/month)... Combined they are supposed to be able to download at 10Mb/sec and upload at 1.6Mb/sec. There are 5-6 other PCs in the building- requiring Internet access, that will also be sharing the Multiplexed connection (via a switch connected to the router). I'm not into paying for anything that Cisco has to offer when I have a PC and a couple of NIC cards to do the trick... This would be more fun to learn anyways!
Sponsored Links
Old 11th October 2008, 08:55

Default Multiplexing

I have found a few step-by-step howto's for doing this. I currently have 1 wireless and one wired connection being load balanced. I used the directions from http://www.workman-engineering.com/works.htm
You can also use shorewall iptables

Good Luck