Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 9th February 2006, 14:44

Wink Can't create email user

Hi

Just having small problem over here. That is previously I'm using www.aaa.com and create email test@aaa.com. So later, I reinstall Ispconfig and change my domain to www.bbb.com and try to create test@bbb.com but the mesaage is "user exist". I already check my recycle bin and nothing there.

I also notice that after reinstall ispconfig, I fail to use web statistic. Is there any configuration that I need to change ? please advise.

-mzo-
Sponsored Links
Old 9th February 2006, 21:14
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,735 Times in 2,571 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzo
Hi

Just having small problem over here. That is previously I'm using www.aaa.com and create email test@aaa.com. So later, I reinstall Ispconfig and change my domain to www.bbb.com and try to create test@bbb.com but the mesaage is "user exist". I already check my recycle bin and nothing there.
The ISPConfig installer puts all users that exist on the system prior to the installation into the file/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/users. Whenever you want to create a new user in ISPConfig this file is checked in order to avoid creating a user that already exists. If you remove the user from the file (and make sure the user doesn't exist in /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow anymore!) then you can create the user in ISPConfig.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 10th February 2006, 03:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko
The ISPConfig installer puts all users that exist on the system prior to the installation into the file/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/users. Whenever you want to create a new user in ISPConfig this file is checked in order to avoid creating a user that already exists. If you remove the user from the file (and make sure the user doesn't exist in /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow anymore!) then you can create the user in ISPConfig.
MZO : I also notice that my local-host-names in etc/postfix still point to old domain, example :

server.a.a.a
localhost.server.a.a.a
localhost.puspakom.a.a

Any idea on how I want to change it to server.b.b.b?

MZO : I see many email fail delivery on previous domain in /var/log/maillog. All still in queu and keep trying to send again. How I want to remove these previous domain email ?

Sample my maillog in /var/log

Feb 10 09:26:12 server postfix/qmgr[7395]: 94FE62EEBA1: to=<mohdlokman@213-239-203-47.clients.your-server.de>, orig_to=<mohdlokman@puspakom.strangled.net>, relay=none, delay=51025, status=deferred (delivery t
emporarily suspended: connect to 213-239-203-47.clients.your-server.de[213.239.203.47]: Connection timed out)
Feb 10 09:26:12 server postfix/qmgr[7395]: 94FE62EEBA1: to=<mohdzaki@213-239-203-47.clients.your-server.de>, orig_to=<mohdzaki@puspakom.strangled.net>, relay=none, delay=51025, status=deferred (delivery tempo
rarily suspended: connect to 213-239-203-47.clients.your-server.de[213.239.203.47]: Connection timed out)
Feb 10 09:26:12 server postfix/qmgr[7395]: 43A772EEB9E: to=<ahmad@213-239-203-47.clients.your-server.de>, orig_to=<ahmad@puspakom.net.ms>, relay=none, delay=79271, status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspen
ded: connect to 213-239-203-47.clients.your-server.de[213.239.203.47]: Connection timed out)

I'm not using puspakom.net.ms and already remove the puspakom.net.ms in ispconfig but it still exist in the system. Please advise.

-mzo-
Old 10th February 2006, 09:23
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,259 Times in 4,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzo
Any idea on how I want to change it to server.b.b.b?

Have you changed the hostname in /etc/hostname?

echo server1.example.com > /etc/hostname
/bin/hostname -F /etc/hostname

Quote:
MZO : I see many email fail delivery on previous domain in /var/log/maillog. All still in queu and keep trying to send again. How I want to remove these previous domain email ?

Sample my maillog in /var/log

Feb 10 09:26:12 server postfix/qmgr[7395]: 94FE62EEBA1: to=<mohdlokman@213-239-203-47.clients.your-server.de>, orig_to=<mohdlokman@puspakom.strangled.net>, relay=none, delay=51025, status=deferred (delivery t
emporarily suspended: connect to 213-239-203-47.clients.your-server.de[213.239.203.47]: Connection timed out)
Feb 10 09:26:12 server postfix/qmgr[7395]: 94FE62EEBA1: to=<mohdzaki@213-239-203-47.clients.your-server.de>, orig_to=<mohdzaki@puspakom.strangled.net>, relay=none, delay=51025, status=deferred (delivery tempo
rarily suspended: connect to 213-239-203-47.clients.your-server.de[213.239.203.47]: Connection timed out)
Feb 10 09:26:12 server postfix/qmgr[7395]: 43A772EEB9E: to=<ahmad@213-239-203-47.clients.your-server.de>, orig_to=<ahmad@puspakom.net.ms>, relay=none, delay=79271, status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspen
ded: connect to 213-239-203-47.clients.your-server.de[213.239.203.47]: Connection timed out)

I'm not using puspakom.net.ms and already remove the puspakom.net.ms in ispconfig but it still exist in the system. Please advise.
You can delete messages from your mailqueue with the "postsuper" command. To empty the complete mailqueue, execute the command:

postsuper -d ALL
Old 18th May 2006, 20:43

Default another users issue, bump

Great software, btw.

I noticed that deleting and recreating users didn't work for me.

OK so I made sure that ALL recycle bins are empty, all users were gone. I only have 2 resellers and 5 domains, not too hard to look through.

So, I found this post and it works. Just confirm they aren't in /etc/passwd and backup and delete the users from /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/users

So I checked /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/users later, and it doens't seem to get updated anymore - whether I add or remove user names.

I'm using 2.2.2 on Ubuntu 5.10.

Any suggestions?
Old 18th May 2006, 20:57
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,259 Times in 4,123 Posts

ISPConfig manages only users, that where created trough ISPConfig. All other users where listed in the file /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/users which is a blacklist for ISPConfig. The Blacklist is created once at installation time.
Old 7th February 2008, 19:17

Default User already exists

I've read the bb messages of 2006 about editing /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/user.

I have the same problem BUT:

etc/passwd - users have been added
passwd- users missing
/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/user - no entries

Though I added a new user, saved the first form and tried to enter a redirection adress afertwards with result "User already exists"

The user dirs of web1 have been created correctly

ONE SYSTEM SPECIALITY:
We are talking about a VMWare Centos5 with a ln -s of /var/www to the raid mirrors(/dev/md0 mounted as /home) directory /home/www
a test account as webmaster have not have been a problem but the other accounts refuse correct configuration

The CentOS-VM is running on an 3800 Dual with 8GIG RAM and the actual vmware server is acting as gateway and shorewall for 3 external and 1 internal interfaces.

CentOS5 is not yet supported by VMware - the CentOS5-VM is dead slow. I suppose there will be a fix from VMware soon and it should not really affect my ISPConfig Problem.

Thank you for your very appreciated help.

brgds willi
Old 8th February 2008, 17:47
Super Moderator

Have you checked the recycle bins if that user is in there?

Old 11th February 2008, 12:49

Default recycle bin

sorry no - I have ignored them sind 2005 ,-)

What I did is deleting manually

web1
/home/admispconfig
/root/ispconfig
resetting /etc/postfix to original settings
resetting /etc/httpd/httpd.conf to original settings

what I actually forget was this recycle bin thing
but I think I managed it deleting the db_ispconfig before running setup again

I think you really should add an unistall script to clear all data and I think additional checks should be done in user manipuilation.

For me it is not clear which name I should use for the server.
With the old configuration it is

blue.lan internal and gets its names form the local named like

mail.FQDN
www.FQDN
ftp.FQDN

etc.

Thoug the best way would be to use the http base www.FQDN and blue.lan for internal http requests

I did 4-5 installs with little problems, one was a localIP behind a firewall, but I am really having troubles now.

as it looks like, with the webmaster accout ther is a mismatch again incoming/outgoing

sqirrelmail message
Email delivery error
Server antwortete: 67 Can't execute command '/usr/sbin/sendmail -i -t -fweb1_webmaster@localhost'.

that meas for me that ISPConfig does not implement the mailadresses properly with postfix.

/etc/hosts is
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
192.168.0.2 blue.FQDN blue

-> wanted to create a domain blue.lan
issue Invalid domain name lan

I have not had this Problems 2006/7 - ???

Thank you
Old 12th February 2008, 19:38
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by moserwi
I think you really should add an unistall script to clear all data
Such a script exists: /root/ispconfig/uninstall

Quote:
Originally Posted by moserwi
For me it is not clear which name I should use for the server.
With the old configuration it is

blue.lan internal and gets its names form the local named like

mail.FQDN
www.FQDN
ftp.FQDN

etc.

Thoug the best way would be to use the http base www.FQDN and blue.lan for internal http requests

I did 4-5 installs with little problems, one was a localIP behind a firewall, but I am really having troubles now.

as it looks like, with the webmaster accout ther is a mismatch again incoming/outgoing

sqirrelmail message
Email delivery error
Server antwortete: 67 Can't execute command '/usr/sbin/sendmail -i -t -fweb1_webmaster@localhost'.

that meas for me that ISPConfig does not implement the mailadresses properly with postfix.

/etc/hosts is
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
192.168.0.2 blue.FQDN blue

-> wanted to create a domain blue.lan
issue Invalid domain name lan

I have not had this Problems 2006/7 - ???

Thank you
When you install ISPConfig, you must make sure that the FQDN that you specify is already existing (either in DNS or in /etc/hosts) so that the installer can ping this FQDN. If it can't ping it, the installation fails.