Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26th September 2008, 09:26

Default Samba error while following "running-a-file-and-print-server-with-ebox"

Hi everyone,

Firstly a big thanks to all who keep this site alive, I am very new to linux and this site has been a god send.

I was able to follow the The Perfect Server - Ubuntu Hardy Heron (Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Server) instructions to chapter 10 as directed.

Then I got through chapter 1 - 3 in Running A File And Print-Server With eBox On Ubuntu 8.04 Server, but started running into problems in chapter 4.

I selected the modules required. When selecting "file sharing" the pop-up displayed and when I pressed "accept" nothing happened for about 10 minutes, as the others had been closing in a matter of seconds I assumed something was wrong and pressed the "X" to close the pop-up. When it closed a tick was there for "file sharing" so I proceeded.

When I pressed "Save Changes" it went throught the modules and then displayed the error:

Quote:
Some modules reported error when saving changes . More information on the logs in /var/log/ebox/
Now I cannot add a group as the following error is displayed and trying to add a group does not save.

Quote:
An internal error has ocurred. This is most probably a bug, relevant information can be found in the logs.
the line in ebox.log in /var/log/ebox/ which seems to be the error generated when the above is displayed.

Quote:
2008/09/26 16:57:58 ERROR> Global.pm:401 EBox::Global::saveAllModules - The following modules failed while saving their changes, their state is unknown: samba
And this error is generated when the I try to add groups:

Quote:
2008/09/26 17:18:45 ERROR> Ldap.pm:126 EBox::Ldap::ldapCon - Can't create ldapi connection
I have tried installing samba manually but it didn't seem to make any difference. I tried removing and re-installing ebox too but also that did not help.

Thanks in advance for help you may be able to lend.

Clinton
Sponsored Links