Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 8th August 2008, 21:17

Default Same problem here

I have followed all the guidance in this thread and done it 3 times and I cannot get ISPConfig to install.

There is some incomplete data on your website that could be contributing to the problem:

Other Required Packages

This list to be made a bit more definitive - pedro

You also need to install the MySQL header files which normally come in the following packages

mysql-devel mysql-dev libmysql-devel

You will also need to install a few other libraries and their header files. Here is a list of packages from a recent debian 4 installation from a "bare bones".

openssl-dev, mysqlclient-dev, etcs .. list to go here

#Spam Assasin requires
libarchive-tar-perl
libemail-abstract-perl
libemail-simple-perl
libemail-valid-perl

I could not find any of the packages for spam assasin on yast
Sponsored Links
Old 8th August 2008, 21:31
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,612 Times in 4,423 Posts

The guide for OpenSuSE 11 is absolutely complete, it can be found here:

http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-opensuse11
Old 8th August 2008, 21:37

Besides:
You will also need to install a few other libraries and their header files. Here is a list of packages from a recent debian 4 installation from a "bare bones".

If you read thourougly you can clearly read that these are the Debian 4 Names of the packages. It is clear that you won't find them in Yast.
I will be 10 days away from pc and internet and I suggest, I will put up a new fresh OS11 Linux up as Virtuell machine and stick to the Server Manual. If it then fails Till can download the machine from me and have a look for himself if he wants so. Unfortunatelly I am currently not in the position of doing such a time costing thing due a lack of time. After my return I will certainly do that.

kind regards
Old 25th September 2008, 14:49

OKay for those struggling with this problem here's my solution and it seems to work for me but no guarantees as I'm a bit of n00b when it comes to this stuff

I think the problem occurred for me because I thought I knew better than the perfect guide and before starting to install ISPConfig I had Suse do a full update to all the latest versions - that'll teach me to stick to the instructions lol.

Anyway to the solution - dowload ISPConfig to your /tmp folder, use tar to decompress as per the installation instructions. Now STOP and before running ./setup do the following..

cd install_ispconfig/compile_aps
wget http://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-0.9.8i.tar.gz
rm -f openssl-0.9.7m*

so basically download the latest version of openssl and remove the old one shipped with the ISPConfig download. I found that although ISPConfig had shipped with 0.9.7m my Suse was already running 0.9.8g hence the reason for the problem as far as I can see.

finally you need to edit the compile file to change the version of openssl it looks for, one of the top 20 or so lines in the file, just change the version and save and your ready to carry on installing ISPConfig as per the instructions on the website.

Be handy if the developers could include the new version as part of the download, save having to make these changes?
The Following User Says Thank You to well_fans For This Useful Post:
till (25th September 2008)
Old 25th September 2008, 14:54
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,612 Times in 4,423 Posts

Quote:
Be handy if the developers could include the new version as part of the download, save having to make these changes?
Generally we try to include always the latest versions. But the last time we updated openssl, the new openssl version failed to compile on several other linux distributions and so many updates on existing sytsems failed.

We will check if the latest openssl update will work on all suppoerted linux distributions and versions, but that takes some time.
Old 25th September 2008, 14:59

thanks for that, wasn't meant as a criticism and I appreciate it is difficult to support lots of platforms, was simply asking the question to see if it would be possible. At least we've got a solution to the problem for now for those of us that dont read instructions as closely as we should