Old 24th January 2006, 23:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphayesuk
I dont think that you would be able to turn it off per customer, unless you can integrate it into ispc... so it might be something that would just run and you create a seperate account on your linux box for those customers who wanted jsp and then that should give your customers access to jsp. This is something I was going to look into at some point, post what you find out, and if I find anything else out myself I will post as well.

Thanks
I believe I found what I was looking for to get Servlets and JSPs running on the system. This resource shows how to do it using Tomcat with Apache and virtual hosting.

Look here:http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-...hosthowto.html

I believe a similar directive as the following example could be used (as falko mentioned) in the Additional Directives section on the basis page of ISPConfig for the sites that you would want to give the Servlet/JSP scripting ability to:
Code:

<Location "/*.jsp">
        JkUriSet worker ajp13:localhost:8009 
    </Location>
Or it can be manually entered into the default virtual hosts section.

This should be a good start...

Let me know what you think.
Sponsored Links
Old 25th January 2006, 07:29
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctroyp
But then every web site has JSP support. I'd put it into the "Apache Directives" field for each web site that needs JSP support.
Does what you described above work? Or haven't you tried yet?

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 25th January 2006, 11:31
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,414 Times in 4,257 Posts

Quote:
I believe I found what I was looking for to get Servlets and JSPs running on the system. This resource shows how to do it using Tomcat with Apache and virtual hosting.

Look here:http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-...hosthowto.html

I believe a similar directive as the following example could be used (as falko mentioned) in the Additional Directives section on the basis page of ISPConfig for the sites that you would want to give the Servlet/JSP scripting ability to:
Code:

<Location "/*.jsp">
        JkUriSet worker ajp13:localhost:8009 
    </Location>

This should be a good start...

Let me know what you think.
I think this should work. But its not really comfortable and if you want to enable jsp for your resellers you will have to give them acces to the apache directives field.
Old 25th January 2006, 12:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko
But then every web site has JSP support. I'd put it into the "Apache Directives" field for each web site that needs JSP support.
Does what you described above work? Or haven't you tried yet?
Yeah, that is what I mean. Put in default vhost for all (if one would chose), but I would need to enable the respective reseller and provide them with the directive. This seems like it will work, but I have not tried it yet. I have been overly busy trying to complete my Software Eng. degree. I should be able toget to is pretty soon and will let you know how it comes out.

Last edited by ctroyp; 25th January 2006 at 14:17.
Old 25th January 2006, 13:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
I think this should work. But its not really comfortable and if you want to enable jsp for your resellers you will have to give them acces to the apache directives field.
It shouldn't be too difficult to add this option for the websites without enabling the directives should it. Really, all it would require is the check box which adds the necessary code for the respective vhost. Does this sound right?
Old 25th January 2006, 14:33
Super Moderator

Quote:
It shouldn't be too difficult to add this option for the websites without enabling the directives should it. Really, all it would require is the check box which adds the necessary code for the respective vhost. Does this sound right?
Its a bit more complicated

- add the checkbox to the reseller form.
- add the checkbox to the clients form.
- add the checkbox to the hosting plans.
- add code to hide the checkbox in websites when not enabled for this reseller.
- add code that enables the checkbox when it is enabled in the hosting plan.
- If the checkbox is not the last input field in the web form, you might have to change the code for hiding the fields taht are below the check box too, as the input fields where hidden by their index value.
- Add the code in the server part that writes the directives in the vhost configuration file.
Old 25th January 2006, 14:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
Its a bit more complicated

- add the checkbox to the reseller form.
- add the checkbox to the clients form.
- add the checkbox to the hosting plans.
- add code to hide the checkbox in websites when not enabled for this reseller.
- add code that enables the checkbox when it is enabled in the hosting plan.
- If the checkbox is not the last input field in the web form, you might have to change the code for hiding the fields taht are below the check box too, as the input fields where hidden by their index value.
- Add the code in the server part that writes the directives in the vhost configuration file.
Yeah, I figured there would be more to it. Really, it doesn't sound too bad though. I may try and work on it this weekend and see what I can come up with. This would be a really nice feature for ISPC. Don't you agree?
Old 25th January 2006, 15:02
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yeah, I figured there would be more to it. Really, it doesn't sound too bad though. I may try and work on it this weekend and see what I can come up with. This would be a really nice feature for ISPC. Don't you agree?
Sure its a nice feature
Old 8th February 2006, 04:58

Just to update on my progess...

Although I have not even looked at the ISPConfig part to automate adding the JSP/Servlet ability to site, I have been able to successfully run the scripts by setting up the sites manually. Right now I am trying to figure out how to get the scripts to run from the respective web directories created from ISPConfig hosted sites. Once I finish this section I am going to compile a tutorial that shows how I accomplished this for Debian since there is such little documentation on the web right now.

After I complete that document, I will post it here so that others may be able to help me get modify ISPConfig so that we will have the ability to select which sites will be allowed to use the JSP/Servlet function. Although it will take some time, this would be an awesome addition in a future release for ISPConfig.

Wish me luck...