Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 29th August 2008, 13:49

Default Package not found in kickstart installation

Hi all,

I am managing to create a customized distro based on Centos 5 using a kickstart configuration. I wanted to add some packages so that they are automatically installed during the linux installation.
I have created the needed rpms, I have added them to the Centos folder I have rebuilt the repo with createrepo, I have added the name of the packages I want to be installed in my %packages section of my ks.cfg file and I have recreated the iso image.
But actually when I try to install, one of the files I have created is said to be missing. I cannot find a way to debug it. Is there any solutions to debug anaconda installations so that I could know what is missing. I have already done this with official rpms such as webmin and hylafax and it did work but with my hand created rpms it doesn't work.

Can someone help me with advices in anaconda debugging ?

Thanks to all

Nacef
Sponsored Links