Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 27th August 2008, 09:01

Can you confirm, that this only happens with HTML mails? And can you further confirm, that this can be avoided (blank page phenomenom) by de-selecting the "show html mails" in your settings?
Then, sir, we have the same problem but I'm still on 2.2.23 so I suppose(d) it has something to do with not having the DOM-XML module ready.
Sponsored Links
Old 27th August 2008, 09:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Can you confirm, that this only happens with HTML mails? And can you further confirm, that this can be avoided (blank page phenomenom) by de-selecting the "show html mails" in your settings?
Then, sir, we have the same problem but I'm still on 2.2.23 so I suppose(d) it has something to do with not having the DOM-XML module ready.
Yes I can confirm that Grey. When I remove the "show html" I can see the messages. But is there a workaround for this problem, so that the system displays html mails without error?.
Old 27th August 2008, 10:25

OK so we are on the same level and the same problem. I'll have a look into this as it seems strange to me, too.
Old 27th August 2008, 17:32

@ Grey,fr3akdk
If you are using ispconfig 2.2.23 or older chances are that your php wasnt compiled with dom or xml support.
Code:
 @ 2.2.23
./configure --with-apxs=${INSTALL_ROOT}/httpd/bin/apxs --enable-track-vars --enable-sockets --enable-mbstring=all --with-config-file-path=${INSTALL_ROOT}/php --enable-ftp --prefix=${INSTALL_ROOT}/php ${WITH_OPENSSL} ${WITH_MYSQL} --disable-libxml --disable-dom --disable-xml ${WITH_ZLIB_DIR} --disable-xmlreader --disable-xmlwriter --disable-simplexml --without-pear || error "Could not configure PHP"
Code:
 @ 2.2.24
./configure --with-apxs=${INSTALL_ROOT}/httpd/bin/apxs --enable-track-vars --enable-sockets --enable-mbstring=all --with-config-file-path=${INSTALL_ROOT}/php --enable-ftp --prefix=${INSTALL_ROOT}/php ${WITH_OPENSSL} ${WITH_MYSQL} ${WITH_XML} ${WITH_ZLIB_DIR} --without-pear || error "Could not configure PHP"
You might also have to install libxml2-dev also, But a upgrade to at least 2.2.24 should fix your issues with DomDocument.php and roundcubemail.
Old 27th August 2008, 17:46

That was my thought, but as I understood fr3akdk, he is using 2.2.24 indeed.
Old 27th August 2008, 18:14

I also notice even in 2.2.24 if libxml2-dev is not installed it will revert to old behavior.
Code:
which xml2-config
if [ $? != 0 ]; then
  WITH_XML="--disable-libxml --disable-dom --disable-xml --disable-xmlreader --disable-xmlwriter --disable-simplexml"
else
  WITH_XML=""
fi
So possibly libxml2-dev is not installed?
Old 27th August 2008, 18:31

I did a search on libxml2-dev and discovered that it wasn't installed. I tried installing it and restarting, but the problem is still there. Is there anything else i need to do?.
Old 27th August 2008, 18:37

I think you will have to run the install of ispconfig again "basicaly a upgrade" to reconfigure the php within ispconfig so it will support xml, dom.
Old 27th August 2008, 18:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb View Post
I think you will have to run the install of ispconfig again "basicaly a upgrade" to reconfigure the php within ispconfig so it will support xml, dom.
Okay, to bad. I will try it out the next time i install ISPconfig, thx for your help.
Old 16th September 2008, 14:38

I'm encountering the same problem, with ISPConfig 2.2.25. Did reinstalling ISPConfig ontop of an existing installation fix the issue?

Regards,

Lewis