Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21st August 2008, 13:52

Question too small size error at the partition part of the ubuntu 8.04.1 install

Help. It seems no matter what I do, I always arrive at the "too small size" error window during step 4/7 on the ubuntu install. The live version runs great, but I always get this error when I go for the complete install. I tried the wubi installer packaged with ubuntu the first go around and yesterday I tried unetbootin. Both installers seemed to work fine so it looks to be strictly on the ubuntu side. I redownloaded the iso file twice so I don't think it is an error there.

On the last go around, I used EASEUS Partition Manager in Windows to create two partitions, one for Windows XP and the other for everything else. The ubuntu installers had well over 200GB available to them because I have a 320GB HDD. I've tried different combination's of partitions and formats. Each time I get a failure, then I defrag and try again. I even tried using the manual partition feature in ubuntu after I backed everything up, but that failed too. I want to keep Windows XP for now in a dual boot format because I am a linux newbie and want to make sure I'm more comfy before I go for the complete transition. I'm using the following:

ubuntu 8.01.1 i386 arch
I have a Dell Pentium 4 1.8Ghz
1 gig RAM
320 GB WD HDD
Windows XP SP2

I've seen other forums with similiar posts, but they don't ever seem to be resolved.
Sponsored Links