Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19th August 2008, 15:51

Default Web Hosting Only For Individual Domains

Hi Guys

Firstly a big thank you for ispconfig.

Next my problem. I host many domains under ispconfig, however some of the domains i host have their mail hosted seperately elsewhere and I (and some of my hosted domains) are unable to send mail to these domains without first hashing out there entries in /etc/postfix/local-host-names.

I see from previous posts and the WebUI that there is an 'external mailserver' drop down box.

This implies to me that if i drop down 'external mailserver' that the entries for this domain would be removed from /etc/postfix/local-host-names, howver this is not the case.

I can also see that in the mysql table isp_isp_domain the field domain_local_mailserver is marked as 1 for all my domains regardless of whether they are set to 'local mailserver' or 'external mailserver' in ispconfig.

What is the correct way to achieve this i.e. WEB hosting ONLY for some domains?

Thanks in advance

Bails
Sponsored Links