#1  
Old 17th August 2005, 20:02
hagel hagel is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Question update to latest version

I'm wondering how the 'normal' updating procedure is for ISPConfig?

Is it to just download the latest and run ./setup - meaning will it be able to install correctly over the last version without deleting all my customers/sites??
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 17th August 2005, 21:23
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagel
Is it to just download the latest and run ./setup - meaning will it be able to install correctly over the last version without deleting all my customers/sites??
Yes, that's right.
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 17th August 2005, 23:43
domino domino is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 364
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default

I was wonder the same thing the first time I upgraded. LOL, there was a lack of reassurance in the upgrade documents LOL. Is there a method in backing up before the upgrade that anyone would like to share?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 18th August 2005, 00:48
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
I was wonder the same thing the first time I upgraded. LOL, there was a lack of reassurance in the upgrade documents LOL. Is there a method in backing up before the upgrade that anyone would like to share?
If you want to go 100% sure, then check this document: http://www.howtoforge.com/howto_linux_systemimager
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 18th August 2005, 01:50
domino domino is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 364
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko
If you want to go 100% sure, then check this document: http://www.howtoforge.com/howto_linux_systemimager
Yes, I've read just about every How-To on this site! Took me half the day absorbing the information. How ever, it doesn't apply diectly to people like myself that is running in a virtual environment. What I usually do is create a snapshot before anything I am unsure of when installing. I also take a snapshot every 24hrs and keep the last 3 snapshots.

What would be great is if we can backup just the ISPConig files and configurations along with the clients' and reseller account data and site. I'm also researching on an application what will backup and restore a clients' files or folders on the "web" directory by date and time.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 18th August 2005, 10:59
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 35,983
Thanks: 825
Thanked 5,372 Times in 4,219 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
Yes, I've read just about every How-To on this site! Took me half the day absorbing the information. How ever, it doesn't apply diectly to people like myself that is running in a virtual environment. What I usually do is create a snapshot before anything I am unsure of when installing. I also take a snapshot every 24hrs and keep the last 3 snapshots.

What would be great is if we can backup just the ISPConig files and configurations along with the clients' and reseller account data and site. I'm also researching on an application what will backup and restore a clients' files or folders on the "web" directory by date and time.
Yes, this will be a nice thing for the feature list. ISPConfig has a abckup mechanism for the website contents, but nothing for the complete system.

When you run the installer (setup) script, it makes a backup of the directory /root/ispconfig, home/admispconfig and the SQL database and puts these as tar.gz files in the temp directory. If these contents will be restored to their original locations, you will have a working copy of the prior ISPConfig installation again. But this backup does not include the postfix, bindt, apache etc. config files.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 19th August 2005, 03:54
domino domino is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 364
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Thumbs up

Yes, daily and incremental ISPConfig backup would be great!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 19th August 2005, 11:50
maxx maxx is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Finland
Posts: 70
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to maxx Send a message via Skype™ to maxx
 
Default Great idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
Yes, daily and incremental ISPConfig backup would be great!
And so that i could sent them also by FTP to another machine.

-maxx
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DNS client update IP thru cron or other? domino Server Operation 5 18th August 2005 05:16
Update: Apt-For-RPM-Howto falko HOWTO-Related Questions 0 15th June 2005 10:29
SpamAssassin Version? stiffmeister Technical 1 10th May 2005 22:43
Postfix version? fernando Server Operation 1 25th April 2005 16:19
Which Kernel Version am I running? redstar Kernel Questions 1 20th April 2005 19:01


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.