Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th August 2008, 19:07

Default ISPConfig 2.2.24 - Fedora 9 - htaccess - mod_rewrite

I have two problems today.

I installed Fedora 9 using "The Perfect Server" and then installed ISPConfig 2224.

My first question is, how do I get ISPConfig to recognize individual .htaccess files?

I tried changing the AllowOverride parm from None to All, but it still doesn't work.

How exactly, including paths and specific file names, do I get this to work?

My second question then becomes how do I get this version of ISPConfig to utilize
mod_rewrite? I installed both Joomla and Pligg and both keep failing saying that they can't
recognize the files. This is naturally because .htaccess doesn't work, but while I'm here I also want to know
what exactly do I need to put into the "Apache Directives" field to get this to work?

I once had this all working on Fedora 7 and ISPConfig 2221, but I can't seem to duplicate it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Sponsored Links