Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th August 2008, 15:20

Default Can't enable SSH access for users

Hi there.

I've just tried to add a test account with SSH access (by checking the box for "Shell Access"), but for some reason I can't actually login with that information. I've removed the user prefix, so usernames shouldn't be prefixed with "web1_" etc, but I'm wondering if there is a different name for users to login with using SSH. I can login to the control panel using the set username and password. Shouldn't the SSH username and password be the same?

Is there any way to list all users on the system outside of ISPConfig? I'm running Ubuntu 8.04.

EDIT: I've just checked out my/etc/passwd file, and only two new users have been added, which I believe is for anonymous FTP access.

Thanks in advance.

Daz.

Last edited by TheFuzzy0ne; 7th August 2008 at 15:42.
Sponsored Links