Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31st July 2008, 18:09

Default Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL (CentOS 5.1)

Hi all,

I am trying to set a mail server with this tutorial and it worked just great for me. There is although one thing that I am trying and I can't get it to work.

The virtual domain that I have configured on my server is registered at my ISP and I have some email adresses registered at the ISP on this domain. What I want to have on my server is some other email accounts with the same domain name and keep my old accounts on the ISP server, and I want them to be able to send emails to each other semlessly.
I will give an example :
on my ISP server I have these accounts : user1@mydomain.com and user2@mydomain.com
On my local server I want to have the same domain mydomain.com as a virtual domain and create user3 and user4@mydoamin.com and I want to be able to send from these local accounts to the external accounts.
When I try to send something to an external account the server tells me :Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table which is quite normal as it cannot find this address on my server but is there a way to make him go external through my relayhost when it doesn't find a registered account

Thanks to all
Sponsored Links