Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1st February 2006, 13:03

Exclamation Mail configuration issue

I am not quite sure whether this is an issue in my configuration of the ISPConfig or the fact of some routing/firewall settings in the university I am in.

I've installed ISPConfig on the machine which suppose to be serv as a department server (Mail, CVS, FTP, bla bla bla). I've setup the web for the department and crated users (I took out user prefix web[WEBID]_ and just used normal names like stephan, john etc. I don't think it's a problem because i know that I wont have same usernames in different webs - anywhay I've only one web for now)

What happens now is that I want to set up IMAP - should actually run by default if one goes after "The Perfect ... SUSE...". The name of the machine is "alpheratz" and the doumain it is in is "cpm.aca.mmu.ac.uk" So in the settings of ISPConfig I entered alpheratz as a host and cpm.aca.mmu.ac.uk as domain. Wright so for isn't it?

I couldn't connect via IMAP first because the box "Maildir" in the ISPConfig settings for email wasn't ticked. So I did this.
The weird thing is that ICPConfig proposes following email for john --> john@cpm.aca.mmu.ac.uk and not john@alpheratz.cpm.aca.mmu.ac.uk as I would assume from my knowledge
Now I can connect to the server and put some emails form other accounts with Thunderbird but if i send emails with it I am getting the following as reply in Thunderbird
Code:
This is the Postfix program at host alpheratz.cpm.aca.mmu.ac.uk.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The Postfix program

<whoeveremailitis@mmu.ac.uk>: host load-balance-smtpin.mmu.ac.uk[149.170.190.144]
    said: 550 HELO/EHLO is invalid, domain alpheratz.cpm.aca.mmu.ac.uk is not
    permitted (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Reporting-MTA: dns; alpheratz.cpm.aca.mmu.ac.uk
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: C93DF27068
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; john@alpheratz.cpm.aca.mmu.ac.uk
Arrival-Date: Wed,  1 Feb 2006 11:27:18 +0000 (GMT)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; whoeveremailitis@mmu.ac.uk
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; host load-balance-smtpin.mmu.ac.uk[149.170.190.144]
    said: 550 HELO/EHLO is invalid, domain alpheratz.cpm.aca.mmu.ac.uk is not
    permitted (in reply to RCPT TO command)
besides the /var/log/mail is full of these weird messages (this makes out nearly 80% of the log file)
Code:
Feb  1 11:54:36 alpheratz imapd: Failed to create cache file: maildirwatch (bogdan)
Feb  1 11:54:36 alpheratz imapd: Error: Input/output error
Feb  1 11:54:36 alpheratz imapd: Check for proper operation and configuration
Feb  1 11:54:36 alpheratz imapd: of the File Access Monitor daemon (famd).
and this is comming frequently
Code:
Feb  1 11:21:34 alpheratz postfix/smtpd[31161]: warning: connect to private/tlsmgr: No such file or directory
Feb  1 11:21:35 alpheratz postfix/smtpd[31161]: warning: connect to private/tlsmgr: No such file or directory
Feb  1 11:21:35 alpheratz postfix/smtpd[31161]: warning: problem talking to server private/tlsmgr: No such file or directory
Uni it guys told me that aAlpheratz already is allowed through the central gateways

Guys please need help! otherwise i'll be lynched in the course of this day
Sponsored Links