Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Feature Requests

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 26th July 2008, 05:40

Default Change/Disable Admin Name Create New

For security reasons it may be good to have the ability to change or disable the admin name and/or create new admin accounts with different user names. I do not know if this is in development but in order to protect my system I have to create a firewall policy to prevent access on port 81 to specific ip addresses that are known to be trusted. If there are multiple ip's then this list gets extremely large and administration becomes difficult.
Sponsored Links
Old 27th July 2008, 10:27
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,256 Times in 4,121 Posts

You can change the username of the admin by editing it in the database table sys_user. Just make sure that you only change the name and not the userid.
Old 27th July 2008, 16:42

Thanks that is what I needed to know. however it would be nice if there were an option or ability to perform the same task without having to directly access the database, but use the ispconfig interface to modify the name. there is already an option to change the password. having this option in the same area would be convenient.