Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 14th June 2007, 10:28
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,485 Times in 4,317 Posts

If the folder and files does not exist, your ISPConfig is either not installed completely or spamassassin has been deleted.

I recommend to download the latest ISPConfig version, unpack it and run the setup script. It will update your current installation and should "repair" the missing spamassassin too.
Sponsored Links
Old 19th June 2007, 01:37

Talking Solution!

Yay! This solved my issue as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapena
as said before, I saw in the log that the variable $SENDMAIL was unknown for procmail.
so I've modified .autoresponder.rc to include this variable. I've added the line above:

SENDMAIL=/usr/sbin/sendmail

and it worked fine, until Ispconfig recreates the file, and this line didn't appear anymore.
where should I write this variable so that it works anytime for any user ?

kindest regards,
lapena
Old 22nd July 2008, 15:20

Send a message via MSN to linuxbastard Send a message via Yahoo to linuxbastard Send a message via Skype™ to linuxbastard
Default not sending mail out properly

Hi till,

I've been reading through the post.

I've followed the solution and it seems to be working until i sent a mail from my gmail account. the autoresponder tried to respond but since it wasn't local mail it had to go through my smtp relay and it got rejected because it's being sent as localuser@local.domain instead of from email@domain.com. here's the last maillog so you could get a better idea.

Code:
Jul 22 21:13:35 srv-mkna01 postfix/smtp[13521]: C297B16DB9A: to=<user@yahoo.com>, relay=smtp.*****[*****]:25, delay=3.9, delays=0.41/0.03/3/0.41, dsn=4.1.8, status=deferred (host smtp.****[****] said: 450 4.1.8 <web1_editorial@server01.****>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found (in reply to MAIL FROM command))
basically it's sending mail to non local addresses using a local user instead of the actual email address and it's being rejected by my smtp relay because the domain isn't fully qualified.

any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by linuxbastard; 22nd July 2008 at 15:35.
Old 23rd July 2008, 13:46

Send a message via ICQ to madmucho

same issue in Mandriva, every version 2007, 2007.1 2008, 2008.1, i must modify every rc script template which send mail and there define variable
SENDMAIL=/usr/sbin/sendmail
if is default no mail is send.
Old 23rd July 2008, 18:59
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,743 Times in 2,577 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxbastard View Post
Hi till,

I've been reading through the post.

I've followed the solution and it seems to be working until i sent a mail from my gmail account. the autoresponder tried to respond but since it wasn't local mail it had to go through my smtp relay and it got rejected because it's being sent as localuser@local.domain instead of from email@domain.com. here's the last maillog so you could get a better idea.

Code:
Jul 22 21:13:35 srv-mkna01 postfix/smtp[13521]: C297B16DB9A: to=<user@yahoo.com>, relay=smtp.*****[*****]:25, delay=3.9, delays=0.41/0.03/3/0.41, dsn=4.1.8, status=deferred (host smtp.****[****] said: 450 4.1.8 <web1_editorial@server01.****>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found (in reply to MAIL FROM command))
basically it's sending mail to non local addresses using a local user instead of the actual email address and it's being rejected by my smtp relay because the domain isn't fully qualified.

any help would be appreciated.
Create an A record for server01.****.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
The Following User Says Thank You to falko For This Useful Post:
linuxbastard (24th July 2008)
Old 24th July 2008, 02:30

Send a message via MSN to linuxbastard Send a message via Yahoo to linuxbastard Send a message via Skype™ to linuxbastard
Default A-records

Hi falko,

thanks for the reply but i guess i need a little more info.

Quote:
Create an A record for server01.****.
Where do i create an A-record? On my local DNS server or on the one who handles my domains DNS records?

Wouldn't it create a problem if one of the domains I'm hosting is the one I have in my local hosts file? like if my local server name is server01.domain.com and one of my websites is domain.com?
Old 24th July 2008, 04:18

Default Everything seems to be working: Summary

Apparently after I upgraded to ISPconfig 2.2.24, the master autoresponder.rc.master that I edited to add SENDMAIL=/usr/sbin/sendmail was overwritten but the autoresponder still worked even without the workaround. I don't know if it fixed the original issue but autoresponder is working without any modification.

I added a DNS A-record at my DNS maintainer for my server, server01.domain.com, and changed the hosts file and entries in main.cf for postfix and httpd.conf for the ispconfig web. I don't know if that's all I need to change (any ideas?). I also checked via ISPconfig control panel and made sure the DNS entries point to domain.com only for MX records.

Everything seems to be working and I do get email responses even if I send it from a mail address outside of any hosts I have on server01.

Thanks a lot for everything. Hope this helps someone else as well.