Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1st July 2008, 19:14

Default Can I install a Subversion server on an ISPConfig box?

I have a server that has ISPConfig on it. Let's say the domain of that server is www.example.com. (i.e. to get to the control panel, you would go to https://www.example.com:81/).

Note that if you go to example.com:80, you see the default ISPConfig Shared IP message. (This IP address is shared. For access to the web site which you look for, enter its address instead of its IP.)

I need to have a subversion server installed store some of my own personal projects. I do not need individual sites hosted on that box to be subversion servers. I was planning to install it on my ISPConfig box, and not try to integrate it with ISPConfig at all. i.e. install using aptitude.

Is this a bad idea? Are there any reasons not to do this?

Thanks,

Antun
Sponsored Links