Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30th April 2008, 13:58

Default TPS - Ubuntu 6.06 LTS Server - network configuration problem

Hi,

I am pretty new to Ubuntu but am learning quite a bit. I am trying to set up a server to allow me to host a few different sites that I have for myself. I decided to use the HowTo: The Perfect Setup - Ubuntu 6.06 LTS Server

Here is my problem:

Everything works great all through the istallation and initial set up until I get to page 3 - step 5, Configure The Network

This appears to be designed for a server that is connected directly to the modem using a static IP.

Now, I do have a static IP but I am using a router so I can access the internet from several other computers in my home. So I have my router configured with the static IP and it then is set up to forward the necessary ports on to the server via the DHCP network.

So... What would be different for me to be able to set up this system under these circumstances?

OR is there a different HowTo that I should use for this setup?

Thank you all in advance for any help you can offer.
Andy
Sponsored Links