Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28th April 2008, 16:03

Default Can I avoid installing the clamav etc. coming with ISPConfig

I see that ISPConfig seems to install it's own clamav and spamassassin. I also see email sanitizer mentioned in the FAQ. I'd rather use the packages of clamav and spamassassin that are available for my platform than to overwrite them with yours. And I don't want to use email sanitizer. Can I avoid installation of these during the initial ISPConfig setup? For instance by editing them out from the installation script? (I haven't looked at it yet.) Is there any other software that ISPConfig forces on the machine (with the exception of the software that is installed for the admin server)?
In general I don't think that software that is widely available in packages for all major distributions should be force-compiled on a machine with an administration panel. That's how some other control panels do it and that's why I don't use them. Why do you think this is necessary?
I see you just released a beta version of ISPConfig 3, do you continue this practice with that version? If so, I'd find that really sad.
Sponsored Links