Old 19th April 2008, 16:42

Default Write permission

When i run cfdisk with Slackware 12, it says i have no permission to write and it shows just 3 gigs of free space when there is 20 gigs of unallocated space. I tried to format that space, ntfs, nothing, it didn't register it at all... How do i make cfdisk acknowledge this space so that I can resume the setup....
Sponsored Links
Old 20th April 2008, 11:37

Never mind, i browsed the web and i found people had the same problem with cf/fdisk... for some reason if vista's installed first they wont acknowledge the unpartitioned space.... I downloaded Arconis Disk Director, cos Partition magic isnt compatible with Vista, i created the new partitions. But i have another problem. LILO's computability with Vista, i got an error message saying that LILO wasn't installed successfully, i should try again editing the LILO file.....

IS there any way to get this thing going, I dont want to load up a disk anytime I want SLack to load....

Mods you can lock this topic. Ill submit the LILO problem, separately...