Old 3rd April 2008, 01:56

Default Postfixadmin MySQL Access Error

I used to have this error before but I have somehow forgotten how I resolved it the last time. Hope someone can assist with this.

I have install Postfixadmin and everything seems to look fine. However, when I tried to add domain using the Postfixadmin admin page, I keep getting the following errors.

Quote:
Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Access denied for user 'apache'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/myGroup/domainname.co.uk/user/htdocs/postfixadmin/functions.inc.php on line 131

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/myGroup/domainname.co.uk/user/htdocs/postfixadmin/functions.inc.php on line 131
I have already configured the file config.inc.php and everything seems to be in order. However, if you look at the error, you will notice that Postfixadmin is actually trying to connect to the MySQL server as "apache" instead of as "postfixadmin" which is what was configured in config.inc.php.

Any idea how to resolve this and why this is happening?
Sponsored Links
Old 3rd April 2008, 02:25

Default Fixed!!

I managed to recall how I fixed it the last time so I hope this would be useful to anyone who tried to use Postfixadmin with magic_quotes turned off.

Open functions.inc.php and go to line 126.

Find this
Quote:
function escape_string ($string)
{
global $CONF;
if (get_magic_quotes_gpc () == 0)
{
if ($CONF['database_type'] == "mysql") $escaped_string = mysql_real_escape_string ($string);
if ($CONF['database_type'] == "mysqli") $escaped_string = mysqli_real_escape_string ($string);
if ($CONF['database_type'] == "pgsql") $escaped_string = pg_escape_string ($string);
}
else
{
$escaped_string = $string;
}
return $escaped_string;
}
Add this 1 line

Quote:
$link = db_connect();
Now the code will look like this

Quote:
function escape_string ($string)
{
global $CONF;
if (get_magic_quotes_gpc () == 0)
{
$link = db_connect();
if ($CONF['database_type'] == "mysql") $escaped_string = mysql_real_escape_string ($string);
if ($CONF['database_type'] == "mysqli") $escaped_string = mysqli_real_escape_string ($string);
if ($CONF['database_type'] == "pgsql") $escaped_string = pg_escape_string ($string);
}
else
{
$escaped_string = $string;
}
return $escaped_string;
}
Now it should work.
The Following User Says Thank You to asyadiqin For This Useful Post:
falko (3rd April 2008)