Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13th January 2006, 18:55

I did follow the Suse 10 howto to the letter to the best of my ability when I installed ISPConfig. I then set-up a virtual site once I felt it was running correctly, I used openssl to create my crt and key files using the directions provided by the supplier of my CA certificate. I then went into ISPConfig and configured the SSL using the certificates I got from the CA I am using.Then I made sure the Vhosts_ispconfig.conf file was pointing to the corrrect certificate files. I was trying to follow a solution posted on this forum.
I had trouble using an upload fuction after I created the original site and I did add the PHP configuration setting in the Vhosts_ispconfig.conf file manually. Now I know how to do it using ISPConfig so I will not have to do that in the future.
If the Vhosts_ispconfig.conf file is correct what else does apache use to provide SSL service for a web site? I am using one IP address and apparently apache can see the http side of the site (www.amg01.info) because my remote testers are using that address now. I have another Fedora site set up and SSL is working there, so I have compared things and they seem to be the same. The Fedora site was setup prior to Suse 10 release and my knowing about ISPConfig. I would like to replace the Fedora server with anothe Suse/ISPConfig setup as soon as I can figure out this problem.
Sponsored Links