Hello, I've followed the instructions from perfect xen howto for etch on a pacifica platform. I expanded it to use sw raid5 and lvm on it. Creating multiple domUs using debootstrap isn't a problem. But I can't find out howto convert an existing etch vmware image to an domU xen lvm. I followed this http://ian.blenke.com/vmware/vmdk/xen/hvm/qemu
Howto and done:
1. vmware-vdiskmanager -r etch.vmdk -t 0 etch-flattened.vmdk
2. qemu-img convert etch-flattened.vmdk etch.img
3. lvcreate -L 8G -n etch-hda raid
4. dd if=etch.img of=/dev/raid/etch-hda bs=1M
5. cp /etch/xen/otherxen.mydomain.local.cfg /etch/xen/etch.mydomain.local.cfg
6. Then I changed in the new config file the this variables:
disk = [ 'phy:raid/etch-hda,sda1,w' ]
name = 'etch.mydomain.local'
vif = [ 'ip=192.168.1.110' ]
When I now try to start the domain with
xm create /etc/xen/etch.mydomain.local
the output is:
Using config file "/etc/xen/etch.mydomain.local.cfg".
Started domain etch.mydomain.local
don't show up the domain and I can't connect to it using xm console ...
cat /var/log/xen/xend.log gives me some errors telling me the domain is already running - see atachment.
I hope somebody had succesfully converted an vmdk to xen. Because I can't find something usefull on google