Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17th February 2008, 21:32

Default Browser shows directories, not web pages

I just did the Ubuntu 7.10 perfect server install, complete with ispconfig. Everything seemed to go well, but now when I try to access the website it shows only the directory and not the index.html file. Not only that but when I add more websites (in addition to the default), it still only shows the same /var/www directory. When I deleted the two websites that I had added in ispconfig, the websites were deleted from inside ispconfig but the folders were all still in the /var/www directory. Isn't it supposed to delete the folders?

This is a test server so I don't mind showing you where it is:

www.vincedee.com

Please let me know if you can help me figure out what's wrong here. The httpd.conf file in /etc/apache2 has nothing in it. Also, I can't figure out how to copy and paste my conf files from the server to show them to you.

Thanks for any help
Sponsored Links