Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13th February 2008, 01:27

Question Instalation OK but can not poit any client website

I did install ISPConfig on new Ubuntu 7.10 withot major problems( thanks to HOWTO forge)
I did follow all the instruction from ISPConfig Documentation, create resealer, client sites but I can not browse the new client site?
In client site I did create hostname test1 , domain mytest.com, the IP adress it is 192.168.0.1 ( the ispconfig server ip adress and checked create DNS and DNS-MX. As well in codomain I have mytest.com.
Now if I open a browser and type eigher test1.mytest.co or mytest.com I get the page can not be displayed.
Where I am wrong?

Other confusion on my head it is how to poit the DNS for the clients?
Lets say I get a ne client and I what to host his wensite on my ISPConfig server.
I create that client and site, but where the client have to pont his domain on his registry domain? The first DNS will be the ISPconfig server?

And the last thinks, I have in ISPConfig Management tab, in server settings a tab DNS. I have to ty Default Ns1 and Default NS2. What Ns it is that?

I really apreciate someone can help me.
Sponsored Links