Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29th January 2008, 10:55

Default ISPConfig DNS migration question

Hi...

I have been running ISPConfig using two home servers fine. For DNS what I did was register one domain at ods.org to point to both name servers at my home eg.

ns1.server.com (box1: running ISPConfig)
ns2.server.com (box2: vanilla install running Bind)

I then was able to create DNS entries for all my other domains via ISPConfig on box1.

What I have done now is migrated to one root server at Hetzner. I created another IP address on the box under eth0:1 so that I can emulate 2 DNS servers and added the additional IP to ISPConfig. I then changed ods.org to so that ns1.server.com and ns2.server.com point to these 2 new IP's.

Things appear to have started changing but I notice the changes revert back to the old IP's. It has been 48 hours and I think there is an issue but I am not sure where.

Is there a problem with this setup using 2 IP's from the one box to provide ns1 and ns2?

Any pointers much appreciated!
Sponsored Links