Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 22nd January 2008, 04:55

Default UebiMiau inbox / receiving mail problems

I installed the UebiMiau.pkg for ispconfig and everything seemed to be working okay. My mailserver is postfix and it shows smtp and pop3 running. I setup the mail accounts for the site through ispconfig and set a forward address as well. When I send an email to the address example@mydomain.com it forwards to the correct address but it does not show up in the inbox when I login to the mail client. I tried accessing my inbox with a regular email client and it accessed the inbox fine but it did not show that I had received any mail. When I tried to send mail through the client it would not connect through smtp. I checked the user's mail directory as well and there is no mail received. What am I missing here that's causing me to not be able to send or receive mail other than through a forwarded mail address for the created email accounts?
Sponsored Links
Old 22nd January 2008, 08:14
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,265 Times in 4,129 Posts

Do you get any errors in the mail log file?
Old 22nd January 2008, 08:54

I don't see any errors in /var/log/mail.log

I sent mail from my ISPs email to my newly created domain email and then logged into the webmail client and refreshed the inbox a few times. This is what the logs say.

Email addresses have been edited.

my_email@home_domain.net This is my home email address.

web2_ispconfigmail@localhost.com This is the mail login created by ispconfig

admin@local_domain.com This is the mail address the original mail was sent to. It was setup through the options in ISPconfig also.

Here's the log, I can repaste it here if you don't allow linking to pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/m1562f97b
Old 23rd January 2008, 09:23
Super Moderator

Did you try enable maildir under management > server > settings in ISPConfig? Maildir is needed if you use courier or dovecot as pop3 and imap server.
Old 23rd January 2008, 13:25

Thanks for the help so far and yes, maildir is enabled. Any other suggestions?
Old 24th January 2008, 14:43
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,735 Times in 2,571 Posts

What's the output of
Code:
netstat -tap
? Which distribution are you using?

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 25th January 2008, 01:39

I'm using ispconfig 2.2.19 and UebiMiau Webmail 2.7.2.

output of netstat -tap

Code:
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State                                                                                                        PID/Program name
tcp        0      0 *:mysql                 *:*                     LISTEN     8                                                                                                 455/mysqld
tcp        0      0 *:www                   *:*                     LISTEN     1                                                                                                 5324/apache2
tcp        0      0 *:81                    *:*                     LISTEN     1                                                                                                 8812/ispconfig_htt
tcp        0      0 *:ftp                   *:*                     LISTEN     2                                                                                                 9746/proftpd: (acc
tcp        0      0 li19-88.members.:domain *:*                     LISTEN     2                                                                                                 5645/named
tcp        0      0 localhost.locald:domain *:*                     LISTEN     2                                                                                                 5645/named
tcp        0      0 *:smtp                  *:*                     LISTEN     1                                                                                                 3844/smtpd
tcp        0      0 localhost.localdoma:953 *:*                     LISTEN     2                                                                                                 5645/named
tcp        0      0 *:https                 *:*                     LISTEN     1                                                                                                 5324/apache2
tcp6       0      0 *:imaps                 *:*                     LISTEN     5                                                                                                 682/couriertcpd
tcp6       0      0 *:pop3s                 *:*                     LISTEN     5                                                                                                 589/couriertcpd
tcp6       0      0 *:pop3                  *:*                     LISTEN     5                                                                                                 522/couriertcpd
tcp6       0      0 *:imap2                 *:*                     LISTEN     5                                                                                                 625/couriertcpd
tcp6       0      0 *:ssh                   *:*                     LISTEN     2                                                                                                 434/sshd
tcp6       0      0 *:smtp                  *:*                     LISTEN     1                                                                                                 3844/smtpd
tcp6       0      0 ip6-localhost:953       *:*                     LISTEN     2
Thanks for the help.
Old 25th January 2008, 09:20
Super Moderator

Please post the lines that appear in the mail log file when you send a email to a account on your server.
Old 25th January 2008, 10:03

I created a new email to test so i could paste the log output, but the new address is working with no problems. Maybe because I enabled maildir after the accounts were created? I tried deleting one account and re-creating and it gives me an error saying "duplicate email address". Is there a way to re-create the email address again? Everything seems to be working now.
Old 26th January 2008, 18:42
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,735 Times in 2,571 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokn00
I tried deleting one account and re-creating and it gives me an error saying "duplicate email address".
You must delete the old email address from the recycle bin first.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: