Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28th December 2005, 20:37

Default SAMBA domain controller / CUPS

Hello. I used this HOWTO:

http://www.howtoforge.com/samba_setup_ubuntu_5.10

to set up samba and it worked very well. However I cannot seem to get cups to work. On the fresh ubuntu install, I was able to use the gnome cups config tool to add my network printer (which has a static IP). After doing the steps in the HOWTO that tool no longer runs (it says that it cannot contact the cups server). My printer isn't listed in the 'Printers and Faxes' of the samba server under windows and I cannot browse for it.

How do I go about making the gnome tool work again? Also, how does one make the printer show up in Samba aside from running 'cupsaddsmb -a'?

I also cannot get the web frontend for cups to work, so perhaps I had done something incorrectly in general. I will re-check things as well.
Sponsored Links